Sep 6, 2012
One kind anon from 2ch has nabbed a pamphlet that was distributed in front of P.A. Works Studio back at Comiket 82. The pamphlet featured the main characters from two of their popular anime series, namely Hanasaku Iroha (花咲くいろは) and Tari Tari.
Although the pamphlet did not explicitly state that an upcoming crossover is coming, the contents of the paper hinted heavily at it. The image scan of the pamphlet (pictured above) shows the lower half of the page with a conversation between Sakai Wakana (坂井 和奏) of Tari Tari and Matsumae Ohana (松前 緒花) of HanaIro. The conversation is as follows (as translated):
- Wakana: “It is a pleasure to meet you. I’m Wakana Sakai from Shirahamasaka High School in Kanagawa. I’m in my third year.”
- Ohana: “Good afternoon! I’m Ohana Matsumae, a second year at Korin High School in Kanazawa!”
- Wakana: “Ohana-chan, you live and work in your grandmother’s inn, correct? You must be a show girl for it.”
- Ohana: “I wouldn’t put it like that… Anyways, I heard you live in a souvenir shop too, Wakana-san.”
- Wakana: “I do, but I’m not sure I help out much. I’ve been studying music for a while, so my father usually is the one who runs the store.”
- Ohana: “That’s such a waste! I’m sure there’s a lot of people who tour Enoshima. If a beautiful girl like you were tending the store, I’m sure your store would be talked about by all the tourists! Oh! Would you like to try working at Kissuisou?”
- Wakana: “Hmm, I wouldn’t be able to entertain the customers properly. I’d probably be a bother to everyone. Ohana-san, are you planning to inherit your inn or is there something else you’re planning to do?”
- Ohana: “Right now, I’m not sure what I’ll do in the future. I know for certain that I’ll have to study more for whatever I do. How about you, Wakana-san? Are you preparing for your entrance exams?”
- Wakana: “Yes, but my courses have changed a lot. You know how it feels when your body and soul aren’t in synch?”
- Ohana: “Oh! I know exactly how that feels! When your surroundings change, you don’t feel like you’re the same person anymore. You feel so helpless that you just try to get by. But thanks to that, I feel a new path has been opened for me! You have to be flexible so that you can handle the jumbling!”
- Wakana: “Ah, you’re right. I have a feeling life would be more fun that way. Thanks for this! It’d be nice if we could meet again!“
- Ohana: “Wakana-san! If you get the opportunity to take a graduation trip, come visit Yunosagi Onsen! You’ll get perfect customer service from us!”
The side panels of the pamphlet showed details of the Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home movie, and the Tari Tari anime series.
Although still speculation, the pamphlet clearly shows that the idea is not far off, and perhaps P.A. Works is already considering doing the crossover. Or maybe, the conversation between the two girls might as well be promotional material for Comiket and nothing else.
To P.A. Works, just drop the hints and tell us straight out. Just take our money and give us this fanservice!